Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hi! I wanted to take some time out and tell you about me and what this blog is about. First, the name--One Paris Avenue was inspired by my love for french design, culture and decor. I love old-world Paris and vintage french inspired design. That inspiration spills out into most of my work. I was introduced to scrapbooking by a friend about 5 years ago. I was discouraged because I thought I was just pasting photos and geometric shapes to plain paper, therefore it was hard for me to get excited about the hobby. I continued scrapbooking in order to preserve family pictures and keepsakes. It wasn't until I attended a weekend cardmaking crop with my mom at a lake house on Lake Huron that I really fell in love with papercrafting and altered art. It allows me to take some of my favorite design elements such as vintage inspired paper designs, paper flowers, lace, pearls, cameos and Victorian ephemera and create one-of-a-kind cards, tags and mini-scrapbooks that I feel fit my personality better than traditional scrapbooking. Ever since then I have been hooked. I will share some of my own designs as well as other designs that inspire me to craft and be more creative! Happy paper crafting my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment